KISS Tip #2: Choose 93% lean or leaner ground beef- you will get the same flavor and nutrition lean beef has to offer, but the lower fat helps create less flareups on the grill!
Recipe courtesy of the Texas Beef Council
Time: 25-30 minutes
1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 tsp Salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
1/4 cup shredded Mexican
- Combine ground beef, green onions, cumin, salt & pepper in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties (see above KISS Tip for the perfect patty!)
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes), until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired OR
- To prepare on stovetop: heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12-15 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees, turning occasionally.
- Place burger on bottom of each bun; top with cheese and tomato. Close sandwiches.