(Click here for easy to print version)
Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 lb 93% lean ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 20oz can crushed tomatoes
3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 bag baby carrots, chopped
1/2 bag 16oz frozen corn (add at end)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
~4 beef bouillon cubes*
6 cups water
- Brown ground beef and onion in dutch oven with garlic powder and oregano.
- Add all vegetables, tomatoes, bouillon and water and bring to boil.
- Boil/Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are done (still slightly crunchy!)
- Add about half the bag of frozen corn.
- Serve with your favorite cornbread and enjoy the NEXT day!
*Bouillon can be the trickiest thing ever. 4 cubes should do the trick, OR the equivalent using bouillon or liquid/paste OR you could also sub beef stock for the 6 cups of water.