This recipe is as simple as toasting some nuts and grains in the oven, mixing in a couple liquid ingredients and spreading in a dish until they harden (which does take about 24 hours).
Makes: 12 bars
Recipe adapted with permission from Truvía®
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup Truvía® Nectar
3 Tbsp organic coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack in the center position. Line a 6 1⁄2” x 10” pan (standard small rectangular glass Pyrex dish works well) with aluminum foil or parchment paper. You do not need to grease the paper. Set the pan aside.
2. Spread the oats, quinoa and almonds onto a sheet pan and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, until the nuts are golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. Place coconut oil in a large glass bowl and heat for 30-45 seconds until oil is melted. Stir in the Nectar, vanilla and salt.
4. Pour all of the contents from the sheet pan and the cranberries into the glass bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan using a rubber spatula. Use the spatula to press the mixture firmly and evenly in the pan. Allow the bars to cool for 4 to 5 hours.
6. After 4 to 5 hours the bars will still be soft enough to cut. Cut the mixture into 4 long strips length wise, and 3 even strips width wise. Allow the bars to firm up in the pan, uncovered for 24 hours.
7. After 24 hours, remove the bars from the pan. If the bottoms of the bars are not completely dry, place them on a piece of parchment for 1 hour, bottom sides up, before individually wrapping.
*The granola bars will last at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.