Makes: 18 cookies
Time: 27 minutes (15 minutes hands-on, 12 minutes bake time)
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup almond or seed butter (I used 88 Acres Gingerbread Sunflower Seed Butter)
1 very ripe medium-large banana, mashed
3/4 cup or about 8 medjool dates, pitted, soaked in warm water
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large-sized bowl combine oats, almond flour, flax, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut oil, almond butter and mashed banana.
- After dates have soaked in warm water for about 5 minutes, remove the pit and chop into small pieces.
- Mix liquid mixture into dry mixture until ingredients are well mixed. Fold in dates.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp of dough, round in to a ball and place on baking sheet. Gently press down until slightly flattened (cookies won’t spread while cooking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before transferring to baking sheet.