Instead, I challenge you to identify a handful of simple ways you can become healthier- SIMPLE ways. Like so simple that you can do them ALL YEAR round and have it slowly add up to just part of a sustainably healthy lifestyle.
-one extra glass of water during the day?
-having a protein source at every snack (cheese, nuts and yogurt are my favs!)
-one more meal at home during the week?
Personally, I am striving to make more meals at home. So much so, that I'm often posting on social media with #moremealsathome. We all know homecooked meals take planning and time, BUT if you love citrus, yardbird and don't have much extra time to spare...you're welcome for this recipe.
- 1 1/2-2lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (3-4 breasts)
- 3/4 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed (about 3-4 cups)
- 1 ½ lb. chopped sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- ½ cup FRESH lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive or avocado oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 T jarred minced garlic
- Place chicken breasts in a 6-quart slow cooker (in the center). Add the green beans on one side followed by the sweet potatoes on the other side (They will be stacked to the top of the slow cooker).
- In a medium sized measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, olive or avocado oil, oregano, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken, green beans and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 7 hours and enjoy!
*After making this several times, I think it turns out best using 3 breasts and cooking for about 7 hours. I would cook for 8 hours if using 4 breasts.
When in doubt, just KISS it. Happy Thursday! -Shannon