Well, well, well. Either that turkey maintained excellent hydration during its lifespan (anyone know what the lifespan of a turkey is anyway?) or it was just the right mixture for moist meatballs. I got real ballsy (no pun intended) and added an extra egg to the mix and I think that may be the key to moist balls.
Snapped that pic before the extra egg idea had hit me!
1 lb ground turkey breast
3/4c bread crumbs
1/4c ground parmesan cheese
1.5 Tbsp minced jarred garlic OR 2 whole minced cloves
1 Tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix with hands.
- Using hands, shape into golf ball shaped meatballs and place on foil lined baking sheet (spray with cooking spray to ensure meatballs don’t stick).
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes (turning meatballs halfway through) until no longer pink in middle and thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Enjoy with whole wheat pasta, spaghetti squash and/or veggie of your choice!