KISS Tip #2: If you want to get real crazy, double the recipe. You'll be hard pressed to find another recipe THIS easy that's actually a meal, and you'll have FOUR pies to enjoy and bless a mom in your life with a homemade quiche.
Serves: Each pie yields 6 servings; recipes makes 2 pies
Time: 15 minutes hands on, 30 minutes oven (Total 45 minutes)
2 frozen pie-shells (I like Wholly Delicious because the short ingredient list!)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cups your favorite cheese- Colby Jack/Cheddar/Mozarella or a blend all work well
2 cups whole milk
- Remove pie shells from freezer, prick and prebake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until slightly puffed. See above KISS Tip for avoiding burning the pie crust.
- Cook spinach according to package instructions and drain excess water
- Saute chopped onion in butter, 1/4 tsp black pepper & 1/8 tsp salt over medium heat until onions slightly softened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add spinach and nutmeg to onions, stir for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat
- Mix 1 1/2 cups cheese, milk, eggs and remaining salt & pepper in large bowl.
- Add spinach and onion mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of mixture in each pie shell and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until center is firm.