Time: approximately 5-6 hours
2-2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
3/4 cup apple cider
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup Medjool date paste or sweetener of choice, but I highly recommend trying date paste :)
1 cup chipotle BBQ sauce (or your favorite sauce that has a kick to it)
1 large apple, chopped
- Line crockpot with plastic crockpot liner, if desired.
- In a medium sized bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together apple cider, apple cider and balsamic vinegar, dijon, garlic, paprika, and Medjool Date paste.
- Pour liquid mixture into crockpot, add in onions and place pork tenderloin on top.
- Pour BBQ sauce and apples over the pork tenderloin.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on low (I did 4 hours for my 2 pound pork tenderloin).
- Remove the pork tenderloin from slow cooker and place in large serving dish. Shred with two forks and return to slow cooker for 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer shredded meat and sauce back into large dish, shred more if desired, and serve on whole wheat buns, in lettuce wraps or all by itself!