KISS Tip: It's important to spread the granola evenly so it cooks evenly and you get toasted nuts.. not burnt nuts.
Time: 40 minutes (5 minutes hands on)
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup agave (or pure maple syrup or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, coconut and cinnamon.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until liquified and then mix in the agave.
- Pour this mixture into your dry ingredients and combine well with a wooden spoon (or clean hands!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread the granola mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Every 10 minutes, remove the baking, stir granola and re-spread evenly.
- Once done, remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely. Store in sealable container or mason jars for up to 2 weeks.