And if you're not a nursing mom and just want a delish vegan gluten free cookie bar recipe, ditch the brewer's yeast and enjoy!
Brewer's yeast (on the left) is one of the biggest contributors to boost milk supply in this recipe. I'd consider making this recipe the first time with 2 tablespoons Brewer's yeast then trying it again with 4 tablespoons and see if your results vary!
Almond butter just makes these delicious... and makes the batter that much more fantastic to eat out of the blender. Plus, no worries about raw egg, so get to lickin' that Vitamix!
The fact that this recipe is made in the Vitamix, blender or food processor is a dream come true... it's a cinch to throw everything in and half an hour later be munching on these warm cookie bars.
adapted from Bite of Health Nutrition
Time: 30-40 minutes (5 minutes hands on)
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (or 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour- Bob's Red Mill works great!)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup almond-coconut milk (or your milk of choice)
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 Tbsp water
2-4 Tbsp Brewer's yeast (omit if not nursing)
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix 1 Tbsp ground flax with 2 Tbsp water and let sit for 3-5 minutes. (Remaining 1 Tbsp flax seed is mixed with other ingredients in the blender).
- In a Vitamix, blender or food processor add all ingredients, except chocolate chips. Blend/process until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a spatula or spoon.
- Add mixture into greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.