I have found that recipe. Truvia® sent me some of their Brown Sugar Blend and I’m a fan. It sweetens and bakes just like brown sugar, but with less sugar.
So when I found a recipe on their website that met all the aforementioned muffin criteria AND had an oatmeal streusel topping… I was sold. And for all the peach lovers out there, brace yourself. It’s goin’ down for real.
The only negative is I can’t stop eating them. Liiiiike, there’s streusel on my keyboard.
Recipe Courtesy of Truvia®
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, canola oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced fresh peachesOAT-STREUSEL TOPPING
- 3 Tbsp quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp firm butter
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners or grease with butter or shortening. Make Oat-Streusel Topping; set aside.
- Combine egg, oil Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend, and buttermilk in medium mixing bowl.
- Mix flour, soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Add to mixture in large bowl. Fold in peaches. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle with Oat-Streusel Topping.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.